M.Ed. in Early Childhood: Globalization & Intercultural Competence Concentration
Are you working with international students and in search of research based solutions to learning and teaching? Build your intercultural competence to meet the demands of your district's growing or changing immigrant and refugee populations.
For those teaching in the early years or a related field and licensed PreK-3.
- ECED International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme Certificate in Teaching and Learning (Embedded in the program)
- Individualized Plan of study
Course topics in GIC Concentration:
- Principles of Development and Cross-Cultural Development
- Understanding Emergent Bilingual Children and their Families
- Intercultural Dimensions of Teaching and Learning
- Teaching Emergent Bilingual Children in the Early Years
- Integrated Curriculum
- Multi-Cultural Education in Global and Local Contexts
- Choices of Methods of Teaching English as a Second Language, Second Language Acquisition, or Heritage Languages and Second Language Acquisition
- Research in Education
Add with Endorsements:
- Earn Ohio Reading Endorsement, The Grade 4 & 5 Generalist, The PreK, or Prek-3rd grade endorsement (individual advising)
For more information, please contact:
Associate Professor Janice Kroeger, Ph.D.