Awarded the top national designation for highest research activity
- $30 million in extramural research funding over past five years.
- 166+ active U.S. patents for research
- Birthplace of LCD and home to the innovative and groundbreaking Liquid Crystal Institute, founded in 1965 by Glenn H. Brown, Ph.D.
- 5th in U.S. for number of startup companies formed and patents issued per $1 million in expenditures.
- Fulbright scholars and internationally recognized leaders actively involve undergraduate and graduate students in their research projects.
- Kent State faculty are recognized by prestigious organizations, including:
- National Academy of Sciences
- Institute for Financial Markets
- Science Watch
- American Physical Society
- National Science Foundation
- Faculty support and involve both graduate and undergraduate students in their research projects.