Kent State students often say that the university gives them sense of belonging, a feeling that they fit. No matter their gender, race or ethnicity, there’s a place for everyone to find their purpose and thrive. Our strong academic programs and nationally recognized faculty help set Kent State apart and make the choice to enroll here an easy one.
$92+ Million in Scholarships Offered to First-Year Students in 2021-2022 200+ education abroad programs in more than 60 countries 350+ student organizations
Students at a Glance
- About 33,000 enrolled in 8-campus system
- Nearly 32,000 undergraduate students
- 25,000+ Kent Campus undergraduate/graduate students
- 8,000+ Regional Campus students
- Ranked in 19th percentile for full-time graduate students.
- 80.5% retention rates for first-time, full-time freshmen (Kent Campus).
- More than 9,500 degrees awarded in 2019.
- 5% international students from more than 98 countries
- 19% Kent State undergraduate minority students:
- Additional ethnicity/race data:
- 1.9% Asian
- 0.07% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
- 3.2% Not reported
Requirements, Assistance & Freshmen
Class of 2026
- 4,251 Enrolled Freshmen
- 1,445 First Generation Students
- 3.50 Average GPA
- 14% Honors College
- 38 States Outside of Ohio Represented
- 22 Countries Represented
- Nearly $405 million in total aid awarded annually to more than 30,000 students in 2020-2021 .
- Kent State University has received Ohio’s new Collegiate Purple Star designation for its support for veteran and military students.
Work & Academics
- 19:1 Student-to-faculty ratio (Kent Campus)
- 92% of classes have 50 students or fewer.
- More than 53% of classes have 20 or fewer students.
Undergraduate Top Majors
- Business management
- Fashion merchandising
- Criminology & justice studies
- Biological sciences
- Nursing technology
- Public health
- Early childhood education
Graduate Top Majors
- Library & information science
- Podiatric medicine
- Public health
- Music education
- Community mental health counseling
- User experience design
- Business administration
- Computer science
- Higher education administration & student affairs
Learn more about programs and degrees at Kent State
Life on Campus
- 23 residence halls
- 18 living-learning programs
- 18 on campus dining locations, including one really awesome food truck
- 350+ clubs and organizations
- 34 sororities and fraternities
- 22 fraternities
- 11 sororities
- 1 co-educational
- 153,000 square feet of state-of-the-art fitness amenities at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center
- More than 70 machines in the 7,000-square-foot fitness facility available at the Tri-Rec