Faculty Grievance and Appeal Procedures

  1. Informal Procedure

    Before initiating a formal grievance or appeal the faculty member should speak with the Campus Dean about issue(s) of concern.  The Dean may seek the advice and recommendation of individual faculty members or faculty advisory groups in seeking informal resolution of a dispute or complaint.

  2. Formal Procedure

    Formal procedures for addressing grievances affecting the terms and conditions of employment of faculty are described in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement. Disputes involving substantive academic judgments are subject to a separate academic appeals process governed by the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.