The primary objectives of the Campus are to:
1. Create an academic environment that promotes the intellectual and professional development of students and faculty;
2. Develop and maintain a commitment to associate, baccalaureate and graduate education, scholarly activity in research and creative activity, commensurate with the goals and mission of Kent State University;
3. Provide programs for all students that meet the educational and technological demands of the disciplines represented in the Campus;
4. Offer courses in cognate academic disciplines and professional fields that provide the necessary base for the career goals of students and faculty; and,
5. Provide the public with service commensurate with a University.
Implicit in these objectives is our responsibilities as teachers, which include but are not limited to educating undergraduate and graduate students and providing continuing education while promoting and clarifying the role and philosophy of education. A strong commitment to research and creative activity means creating and maintaining a significant intellectual environment and achieving our broader commitments to the advancement of knowledge and service to the public. Service to the University and to the general public unifies and clarifies the role of the University in the local community, in the State of Ohio, and in the nation, and is valued by the Campus and the University.