Can I bring an external scholarship to Kent?

You are welcome to bring any scholarship you receive from an external source (such as your high school, church, employers) to Kent State University, provided the donor will allow the use of the scholarship at Kent State.  Scholarship checks should be mailed to:

Kent State University
Bursar's Office
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242

Make sure that the student's name and Kent State ID number are included.

All external scholarships must be reported to the Student Financial Aid Office, even if the organization gave the student a check made out to them personally.  Students can self-report external scholarships in FlashLine by following these steps:

  • Login to your FlashLine Account at
  • Select Student
  • Under Finances, choose Financial Aid
  • Select Financial Aid Resource & Additional Information
  • Choose the current Award Year from the drop-down menu and click the Submit button
  • Click on Resources/Additional Information tab
  • Fill out the External Resource Reporting Information and click Submit information