Federal Nursing Loan
Loan Limits and enrollment requirements:
|Campus||Nursing Degree Program||Grade Level||Max Award Amount||Enrollment Status|
|Kent||Bachelor's Degree||Freshman/Sophomore||Up to $2,500||At least half time Kent Campus|
|Kent||Bachelor's Degree||Junior/Senior||Up to $3,000||At least half time Kent Campus|
|Tuscarawas/East Liverpool||Associate's Degree||Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior||Up to $2,500||At least half time at the campus where student is pursuing their degree|
|Ashtabula||Associate's Degree||Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior||Up to $2,500||At least half time at Ashtabula Campus|
|Stark||Bachelor's Degree||Contact Stark Campus Financial Aid Office|
Who is Eligible:
- Nursing student must have unmet need.
- Must have a cumulative GPA or 2.0 or greater.
- Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Meet enrollment requirements above.
- Nursing students must meet all federal criteria in order to be eligible for the loan.
How to Apply:
- Submit FAFSA in early October each and every year.
- Submit the Kent State University Federal Nursing Loan Request Form.
- The 2020-2021 Federal Nursing Loan Request Form will be available May 4, 2020.
Interest Rates/TERMS and conditions:
- Fixed 5% interest rate.
- Zero origination fees.
- Serviced by Heartland ECSI.
- 9-month grace period after graduation or student ceases to be enrolled at least half time.
- Repayment begins after grace period.
Also available to Kent State University Nursing students:
Nurse Education Assistance Loan Program (NEALP)
The Nurse Education Assistance Loan Program (NEALP) provides financial assistance to Ohio Students enrolled at least half-time study (or accepted for enrollment) in an approved Ohio nurse education program. NEALP provides funding for nurses who intend to serve as instructors or students who intend to serve as nurses after graduation.
How to Apply:
- Visit the Ohio Department of Higher Education website for details.
- Application deadline is July 15, 2020