Federal Nursing Loan
|Campus||Nursing Degree Program||Grade Level||Max Award Amount|
|Kent||Bachelor's Degree||Freshman/Sophomore||Up to $3,000|
|Kent||Bachelor's Degree||Junior/Senior||Up to $4,000|
|Tuscarawas/East Liverpool||Associate's Degree||Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior||Up to $3,000|
|Ashtabula||Associate's Degree||Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior||Up to $3,000|
|Stark||Bachelor's Degree||Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior||Up to $1,500|
Who is Eligible:
- Nursing student must have unmet need.
- Must have a college level GPA or 2.0 or greater.
- Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Meet half-time or greater enrollment status in an eligible nursing program.
- Nursing students must meet all federal criteria in order to be eligible for the loan.
How to Apply:
- Submit FAFSA each and every year.
- If you do not see the Federal Nursing Student Loan on your initial financial aid offer letter, submit the Kent State University Federal Nursing Loan Request Form.
Interest Rates/TERMS and conditions:
- Fixed 5% interest rate.
- Zero origination fees.
- Serviced by Heartland ECSI.
- 9-month grace period after graduation or student ceases to be enrolled at least half time.
- Repayment begins after grace period.
Also available to Kent State University Nursing students:
Nurse Education Assistance Loan Program (NEALP)
The Nurse Education Assistance Loan Program (NEALP) provides financial assistance to Ohio Students enrolled at least half-time study (or accepted for enrollment) in an approved Ohio nurse education program. NEALP provides funding for nurses who intend to serve as instructors or students who intend to serve as nurses after graduation.
How to Apply:
- Visit the Ohio Department of Higher Education website for details.
- Application deadline is July 15, 2021