Federal & State Aid
Department of Education
Online Forms & Applications
- Complete the FAFSA right online!
- This is the primary application you will need. Remember Kent State University's School Code is 003051.
- Make Corrections to your FAFSA application online.*
- Create your FSA ID with Federal Student Aid.
*NOTE: You must contact us of any changes to your application.
- The U.S. Department of Education assists students and parents by providing all the tools to help manage your loans, from whom to contact about your loans and repayment plans.
- Online Direct Loan Counseling is a requirement. Learn more about Entrance Counseling.
- StudentAid.gov - the Department of Education's central database of student aid.
Publications and Help
Visit the Federal Student aid website for current publications and resources on preparing for college.
Department of Veterans Affairs Education Service
The Federal Government's official site of the Department of Veterans Affairs Education Service and the Center for Adult and Veteran Services should be visited to get familiar with the programs and services that Kent State University has to offer.
Office of Postsecondary Education
The Office of Postsecondary Education from the U.S. Department of Education provides a very comprehensive overview of the process of applying for and receiving financial aid to attend college. There are many links to other Department of Education publications and resources. The most useful main links will probably be "Education Planning" and "Student Resources."
department of higher education
The Ohio Department of Higher Education Web Site provides information on State of Ohio Grants and Scholarships.