Coronavirus Reponse and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) Report and Disclosure – Ashtabula Campus
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) Reporting
Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
Kent State University
March 31, 2021
Kent State University (KSU) acknowledges that on February 2, 2021, the institution signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the Certification and Agreement form. KSU has used, or intends to use, at least 50% of the funds received under section 314(a)(2) of the CRRSA Act (CRRSAA) to provide HEER II funded KSU CRRSAA-KSU Grants to students.
- The total amount of HEER II funding that KSU received to distribute to Ashtabula Campus students is $45,111.
- The total amount of HEER II funded CRRSAA-KSU Grant Ashtabula that have been distributed to KSU students as of March 18,2021 is $45,111.
- The estimated total number of KSU students at the institution eligible to receive a CRRSAA - KSU Grant Ashtabula funded grant is 904.
- The total number of students who have received a CRRSAA - KSU Grant Ashtabula is 31.
Kent State University is using one student application to be considered for the Federal HEER I and Federal HEER II funding or for KSU Foundation funding (Pay it Flash Forward Grant).
To be eligible for a HEER II funded CRRSAA - KSU Grant Ashtabula a student must:
- Complete the KSU Emergency Grant Application, available at: https://www.kent.edu/studentaffairs/dean/covid-19-emergency-resources
- Begin enrollment in the current term at KSU and prior to submitting the application
- Be enrolled at the Ashtabula Campus
- Complete a FAFSA for any aid year
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen (as defined by the FAFSA)
CRRSAA - KSU Grant Ashtabula Award Determination
The maximum HEER II funded CRRSAA - KSU Grant Ashtabula award made to a student is based on the requested amount and the student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the current aid year FAFSA (if available).
Maximum awards are:
20-21 EFC Range
|0-9999||Up to $3,000|
|10,000 or above||Up to $1,500|
|No FAFSA||Up to $1,500|
How Students are Notified:
At the time a KSU Emergency Grant Application is received and again when a decision is reached, students are notified with an email to their kent.edu account and their FlashLine Account is updated to reflect the application status.
The KSU Emergency Grant Application is available at: https://www.kent.edu/studentaffairs/dean/covid-19-emergency-resources
Students are directed to the Kent State FlashLine student portal to complete the application. The application is only available to students enrolled in the current term.