Loan Forms | Student Financial Aid | Kent State University

Kent State University will be closed Dec. 22, 2018 to Jan. 2, 2019.  No processing of documents will be taking place during the closure.  Normal processing will resume on Jan. 3, 2019.  Please keep this in mind when you are completing a document below.

Federal Direct Loan Request

This form is provided for students who are requesting additional Federal Direct Loan funds after the initial Award Letter was processed.  Complete this form if you need to increase your Federal Direct Loan amount if you declined Federal Direct Loan funds and now want to accept them.

2018-2019 Federal Direct Loan Change Request Form - INCREASE

2018-2019 Federal Direct Loan Change Request Form - DECREASE

Federal Direct Parent PLUS*

In addition to the Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans available to student borrowers, parents of dependent students are able to borrow additional funds under the Federal Direct Parent PLUS program. The PLUS loan requires that the parent complete and submit the PLUS Application. The parent information is forwarded to the Dept. of Education for credit evaluation.

2018-2019 Parent PLUS Loan Application

Federal Direct PLUS for Graduate Students Application*

Federal Direct PLUS for Graduate Students is a loan from the Department of Education that allows graduate students to borrow additional funds to pay education expenses. The amount is determined by the cost of education less other financial aid including Federal Direct Loan eligibility. The Grad PLUS requires a credit evaluation. The Grad PLUS loan requires the student to complete and submit the PLUS Application. The summer PLUS loan Application is available in mid-April. The Fall/Spring Application is available after June 1st.

2018-2019 Graduate PLUS Loan Applications

*Applications for summer 2018 PLUS are available April 1, 2018. Applications for fall/spring 2018-2019 and/or fall 2018 are available May 1, 2018. Applications for spring 2018 are available in December 2018.

graduate permission for undergraduate courses

This form is for Kent State University graduate students who registers for undergraduate courses and is required to provide academic approval that the undergraduate course is either required for their graduate study or the undergraduate course applies to the graduate degree. Federal regulations governing the Federal Direct Loan and Graduate PLUS Loan Programs require that graduate students taking undergraduate courses must be enrolled at least half-time in courses that can be applied to the graduate program requirements. 

2018-2019 Graduate Permission for Undergraduate Courses (PDF)

Alternative Loans

This form is provided for students who are requesting a change on the original request of the alternative loan requested with the lender in which they are borrowing.  The eligibility for a loan to be canceled or reduced depends on the timing of the request.  we cannot guarantee that a loan can be reduced or canceled upon request.

2018-2019 Alternative Loan Change Form

Please see our section on Alternative loans for more information