Report Outside Scholarships/Resources
Students who will receive an outside scholarship, grant, or other resource that will assist them in paying their education related expenses (tuition, room, board, books, travel, miscellaneous and personal expenses) must report that information annually to the One Stop for Student Services. This includes external scholarships, tuition assistance/reimbursement, or other resources. You are not required to report aid already included in your financial aid package. You also do not need to include gifts from friends, relatives, or scholarships that were awarded to you by Kent State University.
Report Your outside scholarship in FlashLine
- Login to your FlashLine Account at www.kent.edu
- Select Student
- Under Finances, choose Financial Aid
- Select Financial Aid Resource & Additional Information
- Choose the current Award Year from the drop-down menu and click the Submit button
- Click on Resources/Additional Information tab
- Fill out the External Resource Reporting Information and click Submit information
It is only necessary to report an outside scholarship, grant or other resource one time per academic year. This form is not to be used to request additional financial aid.
Outside scholarships can affect a student’s existing financial aid package. Typically, this happens only if a student is receiving a large number of scholarships that exceed the cost of the student’s tuition, room and/or board. Students in this situation will usually see a reduction in the amount they can borrow in a Federal Direct Student or Parent PLUS loan. Students cannot receive two scholarships that cover the same expense in its entirety or when combined exceed that expense. For example a student cannot receive two tuition scholarships that exceed the cost of tuition. To find out if an outside scholarship will change a student’s financial aid or scholarship offer, please feel free to contact the One Stop for Student Services.
was the scholarship check sent to the student?
Make sure the student's name and Kent State ID Number is written on the check or included with the check. Submit your check using one of the following methods:
- In-person Kent Campus: Take the scholarship check to the Drop Box, located on the first floor of the Schwartz Center
- In-person Regional Campus: Take the scholarship check to the Student Services Office of the campus you will attend
Kent State University
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242