Kent State University offers a variety of scholarship opportunities for students enrolled at the Kent Campus and the Regional Campuses. Scholarship awards can be based on a variety of criteria including academic merit, talent, demonstrated financial need, field of study, participation in a specific program, organization or activity, and/or any combination of the above.
Kent State University Scholarships
There are over 700 scholarships offered by various Kent State University departments. Some scholarships are available only to a student enrolled in a specific program or major. The Student Financial Aid Online Scholarship Search contains the most recent scholarship information available to students. Some scholarships are administered by Student Financial Aid, however the majority of scholarships are administered by individual departments. Students may need to contact the specific department for more information.
Apply for Kent State Scholarships
- View list of new freshmen scholarships you will be considered for by applying for admission to Kent State University by February 1.
- View a list of transfer student scholarships you will be considered for by applying for admission to Kent State.
- KSU Incoming Freshman Scholarship Search - Incoming freshman can search for additional Kent State University scholarships and external scholarship resources.
- KSU Scholarship Search for returning KSU students and incoming transfer students - This search includes both Kent State University and external scholarship resources.
- 2018/2019 Student Financial Aid Scholarship Application -This application contains approximately 50 scholarships for which students can apply using this single application.
Outside Resources Form
Students who will receive an outside scholarship, grant, or other resource that will assist them in paying their education related expenses (tuition, room, board, books, travel, miscellaneous and personal expenses) must report that information annually by completing the Outside Resource form below.