- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Ohio residents only
- Apply to the Kent Campus of Kent State University as a new transfer student
- By April 1 for summer
- By August 1 for fall
- By January 7 for spring
- You must be enrolled in your first bachelor's degree program
- Enroll as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours) each semester at the Kent Campus
- The minimum cumulative college grade point average (GPA average from all colleges the student attended previously) will be used to determine eligibility. The cumulative college GPA will be calculated by Kent State University
- Cannot be combined with the Flash Transfer Northeast Ohio Scholarship
- Transfer scholarships apply only to tuition
- Award Amounts:
Scholarships for Transfer Students for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
We want to make it affordable to finish your degree!
The transfer scholarships listed below are merit scholarships and are awarded automatically to students after they are admitted to Kent State University and all transcripts from previous institutions have been received and evaluated. No additional application is required to be considered for these awards. Transfer scholarships are competitive, and funding is limited. The awards are for a maximum of 4 semesters and are awarded for fall and spring only. If the student graduates early, they will forfeit any remaining semesters of eligibility. The transfer scholarship cannot be extended beyond 4 semesters.
To be eligible for an award, students must have a minimum of 24 transfer credit hours, earned after high school graduation, that are accepted as credit at Kent State University, and were used in the GPA calculation at their school.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Kent State University makes every effort to provide accurate, timely and current information. However, the University reserves the right to change without notice any statement due to federal, state or institutional changes in policies, procedures or regulations.