What if I want to participate in a short-term study abroad program?

If you are participating in a Kent State faculty-led short term program you can check with the faculty member regarding the costs and deadlines of the class. Since there are so many short-term programs it is typical for the Student Financial Aid Office to not receive any cost information about the class abroad. In order for us to update your student account to show that you have additional costs that you may incur as a result of studying abroad you can submit the Study Abroad/Away Cost of Attendance Increase Form. In most cases, it will allow for additional Parent PLUS loan funds or a private loan.