Getting Started At Kent State: The Basics


FlashLine is Kent State University’s web-based portal that provides access to the university’s online academic, student and administrative services, such as email, Blackboard Learn, financial aid, course information, and advising.

You can access FlashLine by logging in from Kent State’s home page at http://www.kent.eduStudent services are available via Student in the panel on the left. Click on Student to access most student services, including basic financial aid information, course offerings, class registration, and student information. To register for classes online, click on Student in the navigation panel on then click on Dashboard to access registration information under “Check Registration Status.” If you are employee, you can also access paystubs and direct deposit information via the Employee panel.  

Getting your FLASHcard 

The FLASHcard is the form of identification that KSU students, faculty and staff need to access university facilities. You can obtain a FLASHcard by visiting room the lower level of the Kent Student Center. Your FLASHcard can be used as a debit card. Money can be added to the card through the FLASHcard office, online or other various on-campus locations. You can also add funds to the card at automated machines in the library. Funds added to your FLASHcard are called FLASHCash. Students can take time to get their FLASHcard while attending Graduate Student Orientation (GSO), just remember to bring a photo ID such as a driver's license, passport or state-issued ID.

Kent State FLASHcard


Parking services requires all students, including those employed by the university, to purchase a parking permit if they will be parking on campus. The number of permits per lot is limited and popular lots tend to sell out quickly. You can click here to see a list of permit prices and parking lots open to graduate student commuters. Parking permits are only sold online via the Parking Service’s website.

Cars line the parking lot behind the Music and Speech Center

One Stop for Student Services

As a ‘Students First’ Initiative, the One Stop for Student Services serves as a single point-of-contact for student customer services previously provided by the Bursar, Registrar and Student Financial Aid offices. One Stop Counselors are cross-trained and provide holistic advising in these areas. Students are able to check in by visiting the website and logging in with their information on the One Stop Student Services Website prior to arriving on campus. 

The One Stop provides services related to Financial Aid. Financial aid is funding to assist paying for your college education that comes from sources outside of your family. Gift aid and self-help aid are two categories of financial aid. Gift aid comes in the form of grants and scholarships and does not have to be repaid. Self-help comes in the form of loans and employment. Financial aid at Kent State University is awarded to students based on financial need and/or merit. A student may have a combination of grants, loans, scholarships and employment for a financial aid award. There is some type of financial aid available regardless of your income. A person must be officially admitted and enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program to receive federal aid funds. You can use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for and determine your eligibility to receive Financial Aid. 

The One Stop provide's services related to the Bursar’s office. You can visit their website to view the cost of tuition and university fees. Cash, money orders, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or Diner’s Club for are accepted for tuition payments or fees.

If you receive financial aid and are eligible for a student refund, the refund will be issued to your selected refund preference. It is important that you visit to select a refund preference. It is important that you log onto BankMobile Vibe once you receive your card and make a refund selection. Failure to make a refund selection will result in a delay in receiving your student refund. Learn more about student refund processing.

The One Stop also provides a variety of services to students related to the Registrar's Office that include but are not limited to: the maintenance of academic records, grade processing, and name changes for current students, transcripts, the determination of Ohio residency, and academic scheduling services. You can register for classes by accessing the registration system through FlashLine. 

Student Health and Wellness

Image result for deweese health center

Student Health Insurance

Graduate students on the Kent campus have the opportunity to enroll in the KSU student health insurance plan through United Healthcare Student Resources (UHCSR). 

All qualified graduate assistants are eligible to enroll in this plan with the university subsidizing a portion of the insurance premium for qualified graduate assistants. The tentative date for the open enrollment period to begin is July 17, 2019 for Fall 2019.

International graduate students are required to carry the university’s student health insurance or health insurance comparable to the university plan. View the complete policy regarding international student health insurance for more information.

Below are links to Student Health Insurance enrollment for
Graduate assistants
Domestic students without an assistantship
International Students without an assistantship

For questions, call University Health Services’ Central Billing Department at 330-672-8251.

Immunization Information

Kent State University requires proof of immunization for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) of all students born after January 1, 1957 attending Kent campus.

Additionally, some international students coming from the following locations will also be required to submit proof of a tuberculosis (TB) test: Africa, Eastern Europe, Russia, Mexico, Central America, South America, Asia, the Middle East, the Pacific Islands and the Caribbean. This test must be completed within 12 months prior to starting classes. Please see the Mandatory Immunizations page for a complete list of countries.

Students must be immunized, and submit records of immunization to the KSU Health Center with the following form.

This form can be mailed to:
DeWeese Health Center
1500 Eastway Drive
Kent State University
Kent OH, 44242

Faxed to 330-672-2272
Emailed to
Or delivered in person at the DeWeese Health Center

For more information about the immunization requirements, or proof of immunization, please contact the KSU Health Services at 330-672-2322. 

University Health Services

University Health Services at DeWeese Health Center is open to all Kent State students. The Health Center hours are Monday thru Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  Please note that the center hours are subject to change. For more information, visit University Health Services website  or call 330-672-2322.