Serve the university by providing guidance, leadership and support to institutional accreditation and effectiveness. The committee works to fulfill this purpose by:
- Developing timelines and procedures for accreditation processes within the guidelines of the institutional accreditor (Higher Learning Commission).
- Informing, engaging, and involving the university faculty, staff, administration, and students in on-going dialogue concerning university accreditation activities and progress.
- Facilitating university community education concerning accreditation criteria, federal compliance, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring that accreditation is an on-going process by working to prepare the assurance argument, routine progress reports and any required special monitoring reports.
- Reviewing and monitoring the collection of institutional evidence, progress on Quality Initiative projects and any accreditation recommendations.
- Working with and holding the university community accountable to ensure that accreditation activities result in integrated, meaningful, and sustained university improvement.