University Accreditation and Accountability Committee (UAAC)
Serve the university by providing guidance, leadership and support to institutional accreditation and effectiveness. The committee works to fulfill this purpose by:
- Developing timelines and procedures for accreditation processes within the guidelines of the institutional accreditor (Higher Learning Commission).
- Informing, engaging, and involving the university faculty, staff, administration, and students in on-going dialogue concerning university accreditation activities and progress.
- Facilitating university community education concerning accreditation criteria, federal compliance, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring that accreditation is an on-going process by working to prepare the assurance argument, routine progress reports and any required special monitoring reports.
- Reviewing and monitoring the collection of institutional evidence, progress on Quality Initiative projects and any accreditation recommendations.
- Working with and holding the university community accountable to ensure that accreditation activities result in integrated, meaningful, and sustained university improvement.
The Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness will chair the committee. The chair will be responsible for scheduling meetings, preparing, and distributing meeting materials and other responsibilities requested by the committee. The Chair shall submit an annual written summary report of the Committee’s work to the President and Provost. Presentations will be given to relevant groups upon request and as needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the committee.
The committee will convene at the call of the chair at the start of each academic year. The committee will meet at a minimum of once each semester, but often enough to fulfill the responsibilities of the committee.
Committee Members: 2022-2023 Academic Year
|Susan Perry (chair)||Associate Provost, Institutional Effectiveness|
|Bill Ayres||Dean and Chief Administrative Officer, Trumbull|
|Lori Burchard||Director, Sponsored Programs|
|Nicole DeCaprio||Associate General Counsel|
|Shannon Helfinstine||Associate Director, Assessment|
|Elizabeth Henry||Director of Marketing Strategy & Research|
|Mary Hricko||Faculty, Geauga Campus and Twinsburg Academic Center, (HLC Peer Reviewer)|
|John Jewell||Assistant Dean, Academic Student Support Services, University College|
|Jessica Marzullo||Coordinator, Operations and Special Projects, AAL|
|Martha Merrill||Faculty, EHHS (HLC Peer Reviewer)|
|Jennifer McDonough||Senior Associate Vice President, Strategy Management|
|Joe Richardson||Manager of Communications and Marketing, EHHS|
|Valerie Samuel||Associate Director, Assessment and Accreditation, Student Affairs|
|Hollie Simpson||Associate Director, Accreditation|
|Audrey Lemmons||Project Director, Regional Campuses|
|Linnea Stafford||Director, Institutional Research|
|Therese Tillett||Associate Vice President of Curriculum Planning and Administration|
|Subcommittee: Quality Initiative Report|
|Description: Complile data and evidence to report on the outcomes of the Quality Initiative.|
|Description: Identify evidence needed, contribute to the drafting and/or editing of relevant sections of the assurance argument and multi-campus report, assist in planning and scheduling campus visits|
|Subcommittee: Federal Compliance Filing|
|Description: Review processes, identify evidence and follow-up needed|
|Subcommittee: Communication and Education|
|Description: Ramp up communication, order swag, continued updates to the website, assist in planning for guest speakers to come to campus|