At Kent State University, our faculty do more than teach. They share, provoke, collaborate and participate. They inspire learning, turning students into independent thinkers — and, more importantly, into doers.
Our faculty share a global perspective. More than 2,600 full- and part-time faculty have degrees from more than 150 national and international institutions. They hail from six different continents. More than 70 percent have attained the highest degree in their field.
From Fulbright scholars to internationally recognized leaders in their field, Kent State faculty enjoy an award-winning reputation for cutting-edge research and ground-breaking discovery. Recognized by prestigious organizations, including: National Academy of Sciences, Institute for Financial Markets, Science Watch, American Physical Society and the National Science Foundation.
- 190+ active U.S. patents for research
- Six faculty members have been awarded Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Awards for 2017
- Two Faculty Members Appear on the Kent State Roster of 15+ Pulitizer Prize Winners
- Outstanding Teaching Awards
- Distinguished Teaching Awards
- President's Faculty Excellence Award
- Two Kent State Faculty Members Have Received Guggenheim Fellowships