Undergraduate Admission

When you enter Kent State University as a freshman or as a transfer student, you will be admitted directly into one of our majors/concentrations: Advertising, Digital Media Production, Journalism or Public Relations.

If you're ready to apply, use the application portal from the Kent State Office of Admission.

Start Your Application Now

Our Majors and Minors

Find out more about our four undergraduate degrees or seven minors.

Scholarships and Financial Aid

Need-based financial aid and grants are available through the Financial, Billing and Enrollment Center. We also offer several scholarships that are exclusive to incoming School of Media and Journalism students.

Required Laptop Purchase

Incoming freshmen are required to purchase a laptop computer using these requirements.

Student Accessibility Services

Kent State's Student Accessibility Services staff is dedicated to assisting students with special needs and to making sure everyone who is admitted to the university has equal access to a quality education.

Current and Transfer Students

Changing or Declaring a Major

Current Kent State students wishing to pursue a School of Media and Journalism major must meet admissions requirements outlined on our major pages.

Current and transfer students are encouraged to meet with a CCI academic advisor to declare a major.

For more information contact Associate Professor Cheryl Ann Lambert, Ph.D., Undergraduate Coordinator, via e-mail at clambe17@kent.edu or through the School's main office at (330) 672-2572.

Transfer Students

If you are transferring credits from another college or university and want to become a School of Media and Journalism major, your credits will be evaluated first by the Kent State University Office of Admissions and then by a CCI Academic Advisor.

For more information contact CCI Advising at 330-672-2131.