Classes are held at Trumbull Campus ONLY!
Please be aware: There is no open enrollment for Corrections Training Programs. All students must work within or be assigned to an adult full-service corrections facility inspected by the Bureau of Adult Detention.
Juvenile Detention Facilities and privately operated facilities are not included as facilities wherein these rules apply.
Course runs three (3) weeks. Classes are held Monday - Friday at Kent State University. Class are from 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. There are no weekend class dates.
- Applicants must be referred.
- Applicant must be at least 20 years of age.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or a G.E.D.
- Applicant must have a valid Drivers License and good driving record.
- Applicant must not have been arrested for any offense.
Note: If you have been arrested or convicted for any domestic violence offense, you are not eligible to attend the police or corrections training.
- Students must comply with the dress code.
- Students must author & maintain notebooks.
- Students must attend all mandatory classes.
- Students must pass the state certification test with at least 70%.
Corrections Officers Basic Training Classes:
Subject Control Techniques