Ready to join the Kent State family?
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
- When you click below to begin an application, you will be taken to the Kent State University Application for Admission, used by all eight campuses. Be sure to choose Trumbull as the campus you plan to attend when prompted.
- You will have the option to submit your application online, or print it out and mail it. Your personal information is secure regardless of how you apply.
- You will have the option to pay the $40 application fee online using a credit card or to submit your application without payment and mail or drop off the application fee. Whatever you choose, be sure to submit the application when you're finished!
- Application materials that must be sent by mail (ACT scores, high school transcript, college transcripts, etc.) should be sent to:
Office of Admissions
Kent State University at Trumbull
4314 Mahoning Ave, N.W.
Warren, OH 44483
In order for your admission application to be processed in a timely manner before classes begin, you must apply by the following dates:
Summer 2020: July 10
Fall 2020: Aug. 15
You have not attended any college, university, technical or proprietary school after graduation from high school. If you have taken college coursework while in high school (College Credit Plus), you will apply as a new freshman.
You have enrolled in a college, university, technical or proprietary school after graduation from high school, but have not completed a bachelor's degree. You are still considered a transfer student even if you don't think your previous credits will transfer to Kent State.
A guest student, also known as visiting or transient student at some institutions, may be defined as either:
- A student enrolled at another institution who wishes to take courses at Kent State University. These students typically take classes at Kent State for one semester or over the summer and then return to their home institution.
- A student who wants to take a limited number of courses for credit (maximum 18 credit hours) for personal enrichment and has no interest in pursuing a degree.
You have received a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (this includes students who attended another college after graduating from Kent State) and wish to take additional undergraduate courses. There are two types of post-undergraduate students:
- Degree-seeking: Individuals interested in seeking an additional bachelor’s degree.
- Non–degree-seeking: Individuals just interested in taking additional undergraduate coursework.
You would like to take classes for select degrees offered fully online. Students may complete undergraduate university requirements and Kent Core courses at Kent State University at Trumbull or any campus/location, and the major requirements online. The degree would be awarded by the approved campus or college. Additional fees are assessed for online courses.
- Associate of Applied Business in Office Technology
- Associate of Applied Business in Computer Technology
- Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies (BTAS)
You are a high school student who wishes to participate Ohio's College Credit Plus program, allowing qualified 7th- through 12th-grade students to take college-level classes.
- Fall 2019 is May 1, 2019
- Spring 2020 is Oct. 1, 2020
Note: CCP applicants should not complete the New Freshman application for admission!
Get directions to campus