Undergraduate Student Government
I am a senior in the nursing program and a member of the Kent State Trumbull honors program, Eastern Ohio AHEC Scholars, and the Trumbull County Federated Democratic Women. I'm a proud member of the Delta Xi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International as well as a licensed amateur radio operator. In my spare time, I enjoy visiting National Parks with my husband, Michael. I hope to use my time as president of USG to bring the student body together and provide a deeper sense of community and Kent State pride.
I am currently pursuing my bachelor's degree in Criminology with a concentration in policing. I graduated from Southeast high school in 2019. I also currently am working for Allied Universal Security. I love playing basketball though sadly I am not very good at it. I love being a part of the S.E.E.D.S. Bible study. I am really looking forward to what the 2020-2021 school year has in store!
I am a senior in the Veterinary Technician program here at Kent State Trumbull. After graduating with my Associate’s Degree, I will continue my education at the main branch of Kent State University for my Bachelor’s Degree in Zoology. Afterward, I plan to attend The Ohio State University for my degree in Veterinary Medicine. I look forward to making Kent State Trumbull a more exciting place than it already is this, even in the midst of a pandemic. Kent State Trumbull has taught me how to expand my horizons, and I am honored to be a Flash!
I am a senior in the Nursing Program at Kent State Trumbull. I'm a member of the Eastern Ohio AHEC Scholars program and maintain a 4.0 GPA. Originally from Hermitage, Pennsylvania, I currently live in Bristolville with my fiancé Michael and our two dogs. In my spare time, I enjoy painting and spending time with my family and friends. I also enjoy fantasy type hobbies such as cosplay and dungeons and dragons and I'm an avid horror movie fan. After graduation, I plan to work as either critical care or labor and delivery nurse.
USG - Undergraduate Student Government
USG is the undergraduate student government at Kent State University at Trumbull that enhances opportunities for involvement in the campus and community.
What does USG do?
- Allocates university funding to student organizations for educational purposes
- Acts as a voice between the administration and the student body
- Provides a variety of events for the campus
USG Advisor: Nancy Barker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Meetings will take place in the Student Union
Responsibilities and Expectations of the Undergraduate Student Government
- Be enrolled in at least six credit hours at the Trumbull campus during both Fall and Spring semesters of the term of service.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Participate in an evaluation each semester with the USG advisor.
- Maintain a minimum of 3 regular office hours per week, to ensure sufficient access to constituents and university officials per individual USG member.
- Adhere to all USG rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on University committees as needed so as to ensure a balanced workload among all members.
- Participate in the Allocations process at the request of the USG Advisor.
- Attend all (leadership) training workshops and seminars, which are intended to increase proficiency and efficiency in service to one's office.
- Attend all briefings and public meetings to include USG and regular USG meetings, and any other required event(s).
- In the event of three unexcused absences, a special session shall be held to take into consideration removal from office.
- Participate in campus and community events as determined by USG advisor.
- Shall assist every other member in the performance of the duties of the Undergraduate Student Government and function as a team.
- Shall attend and participate in all activities of the USG.
- Establish and oversee the USG budget of all projects.
- Review and update as necessary the By-Laws and position descriptions of the USG.
- Maintain confidentiality of University committees.
- Utilize the USG e-mail account for all official USG communication.
- Communication with other USG members and USG advisor when missing a meeting. All USG members should check their Kent e-mail every 48 hours and respond in a timely manner.
- Meeting with the Dean on a regular basis, at least once per academic year.
- USG members who are members of the group requesting funds must leave during allocation discussions, and these members may not vote on the funding request.