Undergraduate Student Government
I am currently a junior and pursuing a career in Psychology. I want to graduate with a master's so I can one-day counsel younger children. My hobbies include video games, movies, and card games like Magic the gathering. I also attend church and help around my community. My goal as president of USG is to improve and increase involvement in the Kent Trumbull experience. Go Flashes!
I am a sophomore majoring in Business Management and minoring in Finances and I am a member of the homecoming court and I also work on campus in the Student Services building. I graduated from Hubbard High School in 2020. In my spare time, I like to explore different coffee shops and relax with friends and family. After college, I plan to work in the banking industry. I am excited to work with the other students here at Kent Trumbull and to have the most fun possible while bringing everyone together. Go Flashes!
I am a junior at Kent State Trumbull currently pursuing my Bachelor's degree in Business Management. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with family and friends, being outside, and watching movies. I also like to meet as many people as possible. During my time as treasurer in USG, I hope to bring the student body together and increase student involvement.
I am a sophomore pursuing a degree in Nursing. My dream career is to be a full-time nurse and a part-time firefighter on the search and rescue team. Something about me is that I love dogs, they are my favorite creature on this planet and I can never get enough of them. A random fact is I got into firefighting when I was 16 and when covid hit I had to take a break from it, and I cannot wait to go back. In my spare time, I like playing my piano, watching streamers, and spending time with my family. I am excited to be a part of USG because I am hoping to meet a lot of new people, and be a part of something amazing here at Kent Trumbull. GO FLASHES!!
USG - Undergraduate Student Government
USG is the undergraduate student government at Kent State University at Trumbull that enhances opportunities for involvement in the campus and community.
What does USG do?
- Allocates university funding to student organizations for educational purposes
- Acts as a voice between the administration and the student body
- Provides a variety of events for the campus
USG Advisor: Nancy Barker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Meetings will take place in the Student Union
Responsibilities and Expectations of the Undergraduate Student Government
- Be enrolled in at least six credit hours at the Trumbull campus during both Fall and Spring semesters of the term of service.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Participate in an evaluation each semester with the USG advisor.
- Maintain a minimum of 3 regular office hours per week, to ensure sufficient access to constituents and university officials per individual USG member.
- Adhere to all USG rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on University committees as needed so as to ensure a balanced workload among all members.
- Participate in the Allocations process at the request of the USG Advisor.
- Attend all (leadership) training workshops and seminars, which are intended to increase proficiency and efficiency in service to one's office.
- Attend all briefings and public meetings to include USG and regular USG meetings, and any other required event(s).
- In the event of three unexcused absences, a special session shall be held to take into consideration removal from office.
- Participate in campus and community events as determined by USG advisor.
- Shall assist every other member in the performance of the duties of the Undergraduate Student Government and function as a team.
- Shall attend and participate in all activities of the USG.
- Establish and oversee the USG budget of all projects.
- Review and update as necessary the By-Laws and position descriptions of the USG.
- Maintain confidentiality of University committees.
- Utilize the USG e-mail account for all official USG communication.
- Communication with other USG members and USG advisor when missing a meeting. All USG members should check their Kent e-mail every 48 hours and respond in a timely manner.
- Meeting with the Dean on a regular basis, at least once per academic year.
- USG members who are members of the group requesting funds must leave during allocation discussions, and these members may not vote on the funding request.