First-year Students

A first-year student has not attended any college, university, technical or proprietary school after graduation from high school. If you have taken college coursework while in high school (College Credit Plus), you will apply as a first-year student. 


1. Official high school transcript in a sealed letterhead envelope

  • If you're graduating from high school this year, you will also have to send a final high school transcript after graduation. To request official transcripts be sent, see instructions below.
  • GED recipients must submit official transcripts from a state's Department of Education website. To request official transcripts be sent, see instructions below.
  • Instead of a high school transcript, homeschooled students have different requirements. *See instructions below.

2. If applicable, ACT or SAT scores

  • ACT or SAT scores are not required for admission to Kent State University at Trumbull. If you do not have scores, we will direct you to complete placement testing prior to registering for classes.

3. If applicable, official College Credit Plus transcripts from the college or university (not high school) from which college credit was awarded. To request official transcripts to be sent, see instructions below.

Ready to apply? Click button below and select Begin New Application:


Check Application Status

*Homeschooled Applicants
In addition to the above, students who have been homeschooled are required to supply the following:

  • Written verification from your school district superintendent's office excusing you from compulsory attendance.
  • Official portfolio/transcript documenting courses completed and grade received for grades 9-12 and showing high school graduation. This portfolio/transcript must be signed by the person or organization who provided the home schooling.  

Need to take the ACT or SAT?

Official Transcripts
Transcripts are considered official only if they arrive in a sealed letterhead envelope from a high school, college or university. Transcripts issued directly to the student will be accepted only if the envelope is unopened. Once the envelope seal has been broken by someone other than a university employee, the transcript becomes unofficial.

Send official transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
Kent State University at Trumbull
4314 Mahoning Ave. NW
Warren, OH 44483

Electronic transcripts:
Electronic transcripts can be sent through the state system, which is only available for Ohio schools. Parchment and/or eScrip-Safe transcripts can be emailed to

Enrollment Management & Student Services