10 - 02.4
Administrative policy regarding institutional safety and compliance committee
- Purpose. In furtherance of ensuring a coordinated approach to research safety for researchers, students and participants, the vice president for research and sponsored programs shall establish an institutional safety and compliance committee (ISACC) to review, recommend and coordinate university-wide research safety procedures.
- The ISACC will include the following university representatives:
- Director, research compliance;
- Chair(s), institutional review board;
- Chair, institutional animal care and use committee;
- Chair, institutional biosafety committee;
- Director, environmental health and safety; and
- Such other university personnel deemed necessary by the vice president for research and sponsored programs.
- The ISACC activities, scope of review and operating procedures shall be governed by a charter developed by the ISACC in accordance with university policy and approved by the vice president for research and sponsored programs.
Policy Effective Date:
Jun 01, 2020