2 - 12
Attendance by members of the Kent state university board of trustees at a meeting by means of electronic communications
- Policy statement. It is the policy of the Kent state university board of trustees to allow its members to attend a meeting of the board via means of electronic communications in accordance with section 3345.82 of the Revised Code.
- Attendance of a trustee by means of electronic communication at a meeting of the board, called in accordance with paragraph (F) of rule 3342-2-01 of the Administrative Code, shall be subject to the following provisions:
- Each trustee shall be required to be present, in person, at least two regular meetings of the board annually, which shall not be less than one-half of the regular meetings held during such term.
- A trustee may only attend a meeting by means of electronic communication if all of the following minimum standards are met:
- At least one-third of the trustees attending the meeting shall be present, in person, at the place where the meeting is conducted;
- All votes taken at the meeting are taken by roll call vote; and
- A trustee who intends to attend a meeting by means of electronic communication has notified the board chair of such intent no less than forty-eight hours prior to the start of the meeting, except in the case of a declared emergency.
- Notwithstanding division (C) of section 121.22 of the Revised Code, a trustee satisfying the conditions of paragraph (B) of this rule and attending a meeting by means of electronic communication shall be:
- Considered to be present at the meeting;
- Counted for purposes of establishing a quorum; and
- Eligible to vote at the meeting.
Policy Effective Date:
Oct 01, 2021