3 - 01.102
Operational policy and procedure regarding withdrawal from courses
- Course withdrawal indicates that a student intends to stop attending any or all classes for the current term.
- Course withdrawal is permitted through the tenth week of the fall or spring semester (prorated deadline for summer or flexibly scheduled courses).
- After the withdrawal deadline, a student is considered to be committed to all remaining courses and must complete them. If a student is unable to complete the term because of extreme circumstances that first occur after the deadline, the student should consult his/her college or campus dean’s office.
- Any course withdrawal(s) processed after the second week of the fall or spring semester (prorated deadline for summer or flexibly scheduled courses) will appear on the student’s academic record with an administrative mark of W.
- Students in the Kent state university college of podiatric medicine who request withdrawal after seven weeks of course instruction will receive on their academic record either the administrative mark WP or WF if passing or failing, respectively, for each withdrawn course.
- Course withdrawal does not negate a student’s financial obligation, and the student will be held responsible for all balances due to Kent state university.
Policy Effective Date:
Sep 08, 2015
Policy Prior Effective Dates:11/4/1977, 9/13/1979, 3/28/1986, 6/1/2007, 3/1/2015