5 - 12.601
Operational procedures and regulations on student organization use of university and rental vehicles
- Vehicle rentals. In order to process all necessary material, written requests for use of vehicles must be presented to the center for student involvement at least twenty-one calendar days in advance of the intended use by a member of a registered student organization. The request must include the names of all passengers in the vehicle and information describing the purpose for which the vehicle is requested.
- Information verification.
- The center for student involvement will verify that all drivers are registered students and are eighteen years of age or older. The center for student involvement will check the passenger list to verify that passengers are students, staff, faculty or persons participating in official university programs on the campus. Approval for the use of the university vehicle or rental vehicle by the center for student involvement is based solely upon the determination of whether the intended use of the vehicle pertains to the official business of the university.
- The center for student involvement will provide information to the Kent state university police department necessary to check for a valid driver's license for all proposed drivers. The Kent state university police department shall report to the center for student involvement on the validity of each license.
- Student organization financial accountability. The center for student involvement will verify the student organization's ability to meet all applicable vehicle-related expenses.
- If the organization has an account with the university, it must currently have a balance to cover estimated costs plus the current insurance deductible sum in case of any damage to the vehicle.
- If an organization does not have an account, an advance deposit will be required to cover all estimated costs. In addition, a deposit amounting to any current insurance deductible sum per vehicle is required to cover any potential damage to the vehicle. This deposit will be returned if no damage occurs.
Policy Effective Date:Mar. 01, 2015
Policy Prior Effective Dates:10/26/1979, 8/16/1982, 8/18/1995, 10/03/2005, 6/1/2007, 9/2/2013