YouTube for Business
Increase your business with YouTube, the online video site and now the second largest search engine. Discover the power of video for your organization, and how to use video as a marketing tool to reach and serve more people.
Find out what types of video work best on YouTube, how other business organizations are using YouTube, how to create your own YouTube channel and the techniques of adding captions, annotations and other extra features.
YouTube can enhance your current marketing and communication strategy. After attending this course you will take back proven strategies and techniques for making YouTube work successfully for your organization.
YouTube, as the second largest search engine can no longer be ignored by businesses and organizations. YouTube reaches a broad age and gender demographic and is the largest video search/discovery destination with over 35 hours of video being uploaded every minute. YouTube is now accessible from nearly every top mobile device as well as from your TV.
How can your videos rise above the music mashups and cat antics?
Learn how to get your YouTube video on the first page of Google Search. Just like Facebook, YouTube is a social network that needs to be set-up, optimized and used regularly to be effective. Your patterns of behavior on YouTube may be working against you. Learn how YouTube can complement your current marketing and social media strategy and how to maximize your YouTube Channel to get the greatest return.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Create a content plan for videos using the YouTube site
- Know how to read YouTube Insight and analyze YouTube data, including ratings and favorites
- Understand how to incorporate a YouTube video campaign into a business marketing plan
- Build and optimize a YouTube channel for their own business organization
- To provide information on how business organizations can use YouTube to enhance their marketing, communication and services
- To relay case studies and examples of how other business organizations are using YouTube to communicate visually
- To deliver logistical information on the fundamentals of uploading videos to YouTube, and more advanced features such as editing, private sharing, captions, annotating and audio swap
- To address the issue of how business organizations can incorporate a YouTube strategy into their strategic marketing and business plans
Unit One – Designing Marketing Goals for YouTube that Maximize the Platform
- Learn what types of video work best on YouTube
- Adapt your marketing plan to include video and goals for the YouTube platform
- Discuss YouTube case studies from your industry and evaluate what’s working and what’s not
- Create a content plan for videos that will work for your business or organization and won’t get you banned from YouTube
- Understand how to use YouTube search features and other elements from a consumer perspective
Unit Two – Building and Optimizing Your YouTube Channel
- Learn the various elements of a YouTube Channel and how each feature works
- Create your own YouTube Channel and optimize each feature
- Discuss channel design and settings that fit with your video marketing goals
- Discover how to embed YouTube videos on your website that maximize views
Unit Three – Driving Traffic: Maximizing the Social Network of YouTube
- Learn about the power of YouTube as a social network
- Discover why it is important to have subscribers and how to communicate with them internally within YouTube
- Understand the analytics of YouTube: Views, Ratings, Comments, Favorites
- Learning to Read YouTube Insight & Analyzing the Data
Unit Four – Creating and Distributing Video on YouTube
- Learn how to upload video, the types of cameras, formats and video resolution that work best on YouTube, and tools that streamline the process
- Understand the essential element in a video on YouTube such as graphics, title, tags, description, etc. and how to optimize them for search
- Discover how to get your videos to appear in related searches and other secrets of the YouTube Algorithm
- Explore the extra features in YouTube such as editing, private sharing, captions, annotating, audio swap, etc.