- Named for Blanche A. Verder, Dean of Women, 1922-1942.
- Dedicated in 1957.
- Houses approximately 245 students from first year to upper-class. Co-ed.
- Artists-in-residence work in the studio looking after the equipment and helping residents academically.
- Houses the Fine Arts Community
Hall Mailing Address:Student Name
Verder Hall - KSU
New Front/Centennial Desk
225 Midway Drive
Kent, OH 44243
150 Midway Drive
Kent, OH 44243
LoftsLofts and microfridges are provided by Residence Services. The loft-able furniture present in the rooms provides a multitude of furniture arrangement options! To learn more about what the lofts are and how they can be used, visit our 'Loft Instructions' page byclicking here.
RoomsVerder Hall is comprised mostly of double rooms. All beds use extra long sheets. The closets and dressers are built in, but new loftable furniture provides room arrangement flexibility!
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Non-resident guests are permitted in the hall during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10AM - Midnight
- Weekend: 10AM Friday to 12AM Monday
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed in Verder Hall at any time.
- Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings. Smoking may not occur within 20 feet of building entrances, windows, overhangs, loading docks, vents or other openings to a building, including residence halls.
Dining Close to Verder Hall:
StaffEngleman and Verder Halls together are staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD), eight Resident Assistants (RAs), and Art Studio Mentors (for Verder's lab). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment, and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
Hall CouncilThe Verder Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as the whole campus.
- Two-Person Double: $3,054
- Standard Single: $3,362
- Deluxe Single with Private Bath: $4,834