Join and Support
The Anti-Racism and Equity Institute functions as a hub of activity, networking, and support for members engaged in anti-racist work. Our membership is comprised of Kent State faculty, staff, and students and community partners from across Northeast Ohio. This diverse group of scholars, practitioners, and activists share a common interest in the study and advancement of anti-racist work.
AREI membership is open to all Kent State faculty, staff, students, and community partners who support the mission of the AREI. We invite you to become part of our dynamic community and look forward to what we can accomplish together.
Benefits of AREI Membership
- AREI fosters a collaborative environment where the antiracist work of faculty, staff, students, and community partners is supported and amplified.
- AREI organizes colloquia, conferences, workshops, and other activities that foster interdisciplinary contacts, connections, and community.
- AREI facilitates and amplifies members’ research, courses, programming, and training on its website, social media, and throughout the campus and local community.
- AREI offers pilot grant funding in addition to information regarding external funding and training opportunities.
Commitments associated with AREI Membership
- Attend AREI activities each year, including speaker series, conferences, workshops, or community programs.
- Serve on committees, co-organize events, participate in annual research symposiums, or participate with a campus AREI partner.
- Acknowledge AREI in conference papers and published work supported by funding or feedback from AREI.
- Affiliate AREI on submitted research proposals supported by funding from AREI.