Welcome to Foundation Relations, a department within Kent State University’s Division of Institutional Advancement that serves as the central point of contact for foundations.
As the university’s resource for strategic grant seeking, we work collaboratively with Kent State faculty and staff to increase private organizational support for the university.
Foundation Relations helps to:
- Cultivate relationships with local, regional and national foundations
- Research grant opportunities for faculty and staff projects
- Identify strategies for approaching foundations
- Develop project ideas and ensure alignment with funder interests
- Assist with proposal development, provide editorial support and facilitate submission of proposals and frequently requested university documents (audited financial statements, tax exemption letter, etc.)
- Coordinate stewardship of funders and fulfillment of reporting requirements
Foundation Relations does not:
- Secure government funding
- Solicit individual donations
We look forward to working with you! If you have a project to share or would like to submit a research request to identify a funder for your project, please contact us.