Bachelor of Integrative Studies
The Kent State University Bachelor of Integrative Studies degree program gives you the tools you need to change your life on your terms; matching classwork and internships to your goals and experiences, working within your timeline, and offering flexible class options.
How will this degree change my life?
Adults with a college degree will earn over $2.8 million over their lifetime, while those with some college credits but no degree will earn $1.9 million.
1. Georgetown University Center on Education and Workforce--CEW
2. Georgetown University Center on Education and Workforce
You will also feel personally fulfilled—you can do it! Inspire others in your family and your community to go after their dreams, too.
Already a member of the KSU family?
Membership has its privileges! There are special opportunities that make it even easier for you to return to classes and to access funding for school. Ready to come back?
New to KSU?
If you have taken classes outside of Kent State University, you are eligible to apply and enter as a transfer student. The application process is streamlined, and there are special funding options available especially for you. Want to know more?
Chart your own course to graduation!
If you have already earned 60 credit hours or more, and maintained a GPA of 2.0 or better, this program is tailor-made for you.
The Kent State University Bachelor of Integrative Studies (BIS) is flexible: You set the parameters of your program, your goals, and in your own time!
This degree is housed within the College of Arts & Sciences School for Multidisciplinary Social Sciences and Humanities, and designed to maximize flexibility and optimize your choices:
- Working with your support team, you choose your classes—whether it’s a fast track to your degree, or the option to pursue two minors
- We understand that your interests may have changed—you can take classes in whatever discipline you’d like—you don’t have to stay in your previous major
- Classes are designed to meet your needs. Online classes are offered as synchronous or a-synchronous, meaning you can participate in a class online in real time, or you can watch the video later to learn and study at your convenience and at your pace. If you prefer to attend class in person you have that option too! Many courses are offered in person at one of eight Kent State University campuses conveniently located near you.
We are on your team.
Whether you are a former KSU student interested in coming back, or you’re new to the Kent State family, you’ll be supported by a team of university professionals focused on the Bachelor of Integrative Studies degree and dedicated to your success. You will have access to:
- student and faculty advising,
- financial aid experts,
- information about childcare,
- and other wrap-around services, all assembled to ensure your progress towards completing your degree!
You may be eligible for scholarships, grants, and more as a part of this program.
You can even earn internship credit at your current job!
How convenient is that?
Working together, we can help you devise a plan for an internship within your company that will highlight your growing skills and knowledge while earning course credit and impressing your manager.
Let’s Get Started
To begin your journey towards career advancement, increased earnings, self-fulfillment and more,
We are on your team: You can do this!