The Board of Trustees of Kent State University is composed of 11 members who are appointed by the Governor of the State of Ohio, with the advice and consent of the State Senate.
Trustees, with the exception of student and national trustees, are appointed to nine-year terms of office. The two student trustees are appointed to a two-year term as nonvoting members of the Board.
What We Do
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of Kent State University. By Ohio Law the Board is responsible for selecting and appointing the president; setting the operating budget; approving personnel appointments; granting all degrees awarded by the University, including honorary degrees; establishing tuition and fee rates; approving contracts; and approving all rules, regulations, curriculum changes, new programs and degrees of the University.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019 - (Agenda) (Approved Minutes) (Pre-Board Dinner)
- Monday, April 15, 2019 – (Agenda) (Approved Minutes)
- Monday, April 29, 2019- (Approved Minutes)
- Thursday, May 9, 2019 - (Agenda) (Approved Minutes) (Pre-Board Dinner)
- Wednesday, June 26, 2019 – (Agenda) (Approved Minutes)
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - (Agenda) (Approved Minutes)
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 - (Agenda) (Approved Minutes) (Summary)