Check with your departmental website or office about the availability of discipline-specific funding.
Several KSU organizations also provide funding for undergraduate research:
- Research and Sponsored Programs, the Office of Student Research, and Office of the Provost jointly sponsor the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) program which funds promising undergraduate researchers for eight weeks over the summer to engage in faculty-supervised research.
- The Office of Student Research posts Funding Opportunities for students including Research Travel.
- Honors College students may apply for Senior Honors Thesis Fellowships (PDF) which provide $1000 tuition scholarships for the students' thesis year.
- For undergraduates, the University Research Council accepts applications for two types of awards.
- The Undergraduate Research Scholars Program awards students up to $500 to fund research, creative, or scholarly activities.
- Faculty advisors may receive awards of up to $3500 for projects that include undergraduates in a substantive role.
- ESDRI Fellows: The Environmental Science and Design Research Institute Fellowship Program is open to any major and provides funding for those interested in environmental issues.
The Pivot Funding Opportunities Database provides an extensive listing of external funding opportunities across disciplines. Please note that it may be necessary to use a campus computer to view the opportunities database since this service is available by institutional subscription.
More external funding opportunities for undergraduate students are available through the Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR), at www.cur.org.
Visit the Pivot website to view a sample search of funding opportunities for undergraduates.