Destination Florence is a two year program for students who are interested in studying in Florence for a semester during their second-year at Kent State.
Students enrolled in this program will participate in academic and social events, which will prepare them, both academically and culturally, for their time in Florence. Students will have a designated advisor throughout their journey to ensure they stay on track for graduation.
As a result of participating in Destination Florence, students will:
- Feel more connected to their department
- Are better prepared for their semester abroad
- Identify opportunities to leverage their study abroad experience
- Gain an appreciation for different cultures
Admission to this prestigious program will grant students semester-by-semester scholarships designed to reward outstanding commitment to global education, culminating in an education abroad grant to support their experience abroad in Florence. Additionally, students will participate in special activities while in Florence, such as additional field trips, to help further tie their study abroad experience to relevant academic opportunities not available in the United States.
Incoming first-year students, with majors housed in the departments of Biological Sciences, Political Science, Psychological Sciences or English, are eligible for this program. Students must complete an application and be accepted into this selective program.
Interested in learning more? Join the Office of International Programs and Education Abroad at the following Destination Florence information sessions:
- Thursday, August 29 | 12:30-1:30 PM | Room 315 Kent Student Center
- Thursday, September 12 | 6:00-7:30 PM | Room 137 Bowman Hall - Parents Welcome!
- Wednesday, September 25 | 6:00-7:30 PM | Room 137 Bowman Hall - Parents Welcome!
- Monday, September 30 | 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | Room 218 Bowman Hall
- Monday, September 30 | 5:00-6:00 PM | Room 317 Bowman Hall - Parents Welcome!
Mandatory Welcome Orientation
Saturday, October 19 | 1:30-4:30 PM | Room 137 Bowman Hall - All Cohorts!
Learn more about our specific cohorts: