Annual Undergraduate Orientation
Please join us for our annual undergraduate major orientation, scheduled for Wednesday, August 24! This special event is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. and will run until 2:00 p.m. It will take place prior to Wednesday's Blast Off event. Meet other chemistry students and faculty and learn about career and research opportunities available to undergraduate STEM majors at KSU.
This in-person event is open to all students - incoming and returning - of all majors who are interested in learning more about the following:
- Chemistry degree programs: What are the different tracks students take in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry?
- Careers in chemistry: What can you do with your degree?
- Undergraduate research opportunities: Learn about how you can participate in hands-on research as an undergrad, and how these experiences can help launch your professional career.
- Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society and Scientista: Meet some of our STEM student organizations!
- Medical and pharmacy school: Speakers from Northeast Ohio Medical University (Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy), and the Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine, will be there to talk about their programs and answer your questions!
- Plus, information on our BS Chemistry and BS Biochemistry programs, our BS/MS program, and much more!
Pizza and refreshments will be served, and we will also be raffling off two $100 bookstore scholarships, two of our black squirrel embroidered lab coats, and other surprise items.
Interested in joining? Please register at https://kent.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0quq9QhAn0lMSUu by 5PM Monday, August 22nd!
Questions? Contact our Undergraduate Office at email@example.com or 330-672-2405.