Physician Feature: April, 2021
Before you sit in their office, sit in on an interview with us as we ask Cleveland Foot & Ankle Clinic physicians all the important questions!
Meet Marie Blazer, DPM
Associate Professor, Division of Surgery and Biomechanics, Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine
Degrees & Training: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine; Podiatric Medical and Surgical Residency at University Hospitals/ Richmond Medical Center
Recognitions and Awards: Salutatorian, KSUCPM Class of 2004; Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine since 2012
- Q: What's your favorite procedure to perform?
- A: My favorite procedures include "popping" or draining abscesses or blisters.
- Q: Why did you choose podiatry?
- A: I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to work for a podiatrist while I was in college. This definitely helped solidify my career choice.
- Q:What shows are you hooked on right now?
- A: I just finished Schitt's Creek! I would literally laugh out loud.
- Q: Tell us about your free time!
- A: My son plays in a travel baseball league, so most weekends are out of town. This year we are playing tournaments in southern Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Georgia.
- Q: Any hidden talents?
- A: Extreme couponing at CVS. Last year I couponed over $3,000 worth of free products.
- Q: What's one thing you can't resist?
- A: I can't pass up a piece of cake!
- Q: What's one thing you couldn't live without?
- A: Tweezers.
- Q: What was your very first job?
- A: I worked at the department store Sears in the mall when I was 15 years old. Let's just say I didn't last too long!
- Q: What's your favorite place to be?
- A: Any warm, white sand beach with shells.
- Q: We finish this interview and you step outside to find a lottery ticket that ends up winning $10 million. What do you do?
- A: Scream!!!
- Q: If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
- A: The power of invisibility.
- Q: If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
- A: Asheville, North Carolina. You get to live in the mountains with a relatively short drive to the ocean.
- Q: How do you relax?
- A: Reading romance novels ;) or binging Netflix shows!
- Q: What motivates you to work hard?
- A: Competition
- Q: How do you take your coffee?
- A: No coffee. My favorite drink is Coke Zero Cherry.