Alpha Kappa Delta
AKD at Kent State has three primary purposes
- Supporting student scholarship
- Facilitating professional socialization
- Being good members of our community
We do this by…
- Organizing workshops on professional skills that students are interested in learning about.
- Celebrating student achievement with an end-of-the-year awards banquet.
- Offering funding for conference travel and holding paper award contests via the national AKD organization.
- Organizing department-wide social events to help socialize students in the field of sociology.
- Volunteering with local community groups that work to alleviate pressing social problems.
Alpha Kappa Delta seeks to acknowledge and promote excellence in scholarship in the study of sociology.
The information contained on student organization webpages was submitted by each student organization during the student organization registration process. Student organizations must follow university policies and procedures including requirements for membership, participation and general activities.