Dr. Peña L. Bedesem is an Associate Professor of Special Education at Kent State University. Her research focuses on the use of innovative technologies to support student learning and behavior in inclusive settings. Dr. Bedesem teaches graduate and undergraduate classes, advises graduate students, and is the coordinator for the Holmes Program, which involves mentoring doctoral students from underrepresented populations who are in programs for K12 education and related fields. She is an active member in several national and international professional organizations and is currently serving as President-Elect for the International Society for Technology in Education’s Mobile Learning Network.
- Institute of Education Science Summer Research Training Institute in Single Case Research and Design, 2018
- University Teaching Scholar, Center for Teaching and Learning, Kent State University, 2016-2017
- Lifespan Development and Educational Sciences Colleague of the Year, 2014-2015
- Faculty Excellence Award, 2014, 2013
- Holmes Scholar, University of Central Florida, 2007-2010