Transition-to-Work Endorsement Preparation (Non-Degree)
The Transition-to-Work (TTW) endorsement program is designed for special and career-technical educators who wish to prepare 4th through 12th grade students with moderate to intensive disabilities for adult life. In addition to employment, the TTW program also addresses issues related to residential, recreational, continuing education, and other outcomes experienced by adults with and without disabilities. The Kent State TTW endorsement leads to a single qualification applicable to all former transition roles (e.g., work study, VOSE, Option IV). For more information regarding the standards governing the TTW endorsement, please visit Ohio’s Department of Education website.
TTW coursework listed below may be applied to a Master’s Degree in Special Education; however, students must apply to, and be accepted in, both the TTW and Master’s programs.
For more information, please contact the coordinator of the TTW endorsement program, Dr. Robert Cimera.
- SPED 53070 Planning and Programming for Transitions (Offered Fall, Spring, Summer)
- RHAB 67732 Occupational Aspects of Disability (Offered Fall, Spring)
- CTTE 66001 Principles and Practices in Vocational Education (Offered Fall)
- CTTE 56019 Coordination in Vocational Cooperative Programs (Offered Fall, Spring)
- SPED 64200 Curriculum Methods in Transition (Offered Summer)
Applicants who have not been licensed to teach students with moderate to intensive needs will also be required to take:
- SPED 53021 Assessment for Moderate/Intensive
- SPED 53051 Characteristics Moderate/Intensive
- SPED 53063 Curriculum Moderate/Intensive
- SPED 53080 Assistive Technology
- SPED 64309 ASD: Theory and Diagnosis OR SPED 53309 Introduction to Deaf Studies
Applicants to the TTW program may apply online. When applying, please remember to indicate you are interested in the TTW program. If you wish to apply for both the TTW endorsement and a master’s degree in special education, you must apply to both programs separately.
For more information please contact Dr. Robert Cimera.