Transition-to-Work Endorsement Preparation (Non-Degree)

The Transition-to-Work (TTW) Endorsement program is designed for special and career-technical educators who wish to prepare 4th through 12th grade students with disabilities for adult life. In addition to employment, the TTW program also addresses issues related to residential, recreational, continuing education, and other outcomes experienced by adults with and without disabilities. The Kent State TTW endorsement leads to a single qualification applicable to all former transition roles (e.g., work study, VOSE, Option IV). For more information regarding the standards governing the TTW endorsement, please visit the Ohio Department of Education website.

TTW coursework listed below may be applied to a master’s degree in Special Education. For more information, please contact TTW program coordinator, Dr. Robert Cimera at

Coursework Requirements

  • SPED 53051 Characteristics of Moderate/Intensive​​​​​ Intervention Needs (Offered Fall, Summer)
  • SPED 53070 Planning and Programming for Transitions​​​​​ (Offered Spring, Summer)
  • CES 67732 Occupational Aspects of Disability (Offered Spring, 2024. After 2024, TBA)
  • SPED 64200 Curriculum Methods in Transition (​Offered Summer)

Applicants who have not been licensed in Special Education will also be required to take:

  • SPED 53021 Assessment for Moderate/Intensive
  • SPED 53063 Curriculum Moderate/Intensive
  • SPED 53080 Assistive Technology
  • SPED 23000 Introduction to Exceptionalities

Important Forms

Transition-to-Work Plan of Study (Word)

For more information please contact Dr. Robert Cimera.


For those Seeking Financial Aid:

Please note, the Graduate non-degree licensure programs do not quality for graduate level federal financial aid. Non-degree licensure program students should refer to the post-undergraduate section of the Student Financial Aid webpage for information on possible federal funding or reach out to the Financial, Billing and Enrollment Center.