McAfee Drive Encryption
cAfee Drive Encryption (MDE) is the Windows based security that the entire university is using for all Faculty and Staff Windows machines. It is called a pre-boot security because you have to authenticate with MDE when the computer first starts up- before you are able to log into Windows. There are three steps that need to be taken to be allowed to log into computers with MDE.
- Put in a tech ticket with the full name, email address, department and banner id of the new user that needs to have access to log into computers with MDE.
- After we respond letting you know the new person has been given permission, follow the steps in this document.
- There are two ways to sync the new person to the university purchased Windows computer.
- Leave the computer on and give it time to sync.
- Force the computer to sync by following the instructions outlined in this link.
If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to enter a Tech Ticket.