ACCESSIBILITY BY THE NUMBERS (OCTOBER 2022)
Statistics surrounding indivisible disabilities in the United States:
- 96% of Americans' disabilities are invisible.
- 94% of 2021 and 2022 students registered with Student Accessibility Services at Kent State have invisible disabilities.
- 13.1% of adults between 18 and 44 years of age have a cognitive invisible disability in Ohio.
- 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. experience chronic pain, making it one of the most common invisible disabilities.
- At least 38% of American college students rely on assistive technology tools for invisible disabilities, such as video captions.