The Equal Access Academy
Welcome to the Equal Access Academy! We're so glad you're here to check out ways to increase your knowledge about accessibility. The Academy had over one thousand attendees in 2022, so you're in good company if you're checking this out for the first time.
New trainings in 2023:
- Accessibility in a Flash (30 minute lunch sessions on a specific accessibility topic)
- Accessibility Awareness 201
- Creating Accessible Marketing and Social Media 201 & 202 (Canva, Instagram, Facebook, InDesign)
- Managing My Disability (Separate sessions for staff/supervisors and students)
- Disability in the Classroom
- Creating Accessible (In-Person and Virtual) Events
Descriptions of each training are under the calendar. We highly recommend starting with Accessibility Awareness 101 before you move on to more specific trainings.
If you would like to see something discussed or taught that isn't listed, please let us know by emailing EqualAccess@kent.edu.
UPCOMING EQUAL ACCESS ACADEMY TRAININGS
|APR 03||12:15 - 12:45 p.m.||Accessibility in a Flash: Headings and Labels|
|APR 04||1 - 2:30 p.m.||Disability in the Classroom|
|APR 05||11 a.m. - Noon||Managing My Disability as a Kent State Student|
|APR 11||1 - 2 p.m.||Making PDFs Accessible Using Adobe Acrobat Pro|
|APR 13||1 - 2 p.m.||Accessibility Awareness 101|
|APR 14||11 a.m. - Noon||Managing My Disability as a Kent State Employee (For Employees with Disabilities and their Supervisors)|
|APR 14||1 - 2:30 p.m.||Creating Accessible Marketing and Social Media 201: Canva, Instagram, Facebook, and Facebook Live|
|APR 18||1 - 2 p.m.||Creating Accessible Office 365 Documents|
|APR 20||1 - 2 p.m.||Accessibility Awareness 201|