FC Officers and Duties
- Faculty Council Chair
- Calls, presides at, and sets detailed agendas for regular and special meetings of the FC. Agendas containing items that require special attention or immediate action will be distributed at least a week before the meeting.
b. Represents the Tuscarawas Campus on the Regional Campuses Faculty Advisory Council (RCFAC) and attends regular (monthly) meetings of this body at the Kent Campus or other locations.
c. Sets agendas, calls and presides over meetings of the chair’s cabinet (all FC officers and standing committee chairs).
d. Attends and is a member of the Dean’s Cabinet if the FC Vice-Chair does not perform this duty.
e. Summer--Recommends faculty offices (using approved guidelines, See Section V: OFFICE ASSIGNMENTS) for the subsequent academic year.
f. Fall--Appoints membership and chairpersons for the six (6) standing committees of the FC (serving as an ex-officio member of each committee), and convenes and chairs meetings of the Reappointment, Tenure, and Promotion (RTP) Committee.
i. Convenes and chairs meetings of the RTP Committee as needed.
ii. Presents the DTA award to the current recipient if the previous award recipient is unavailable. (See Section V: DISTINGUISHED TEACHING AWARDS)
iii. Presents the academic awards at the annual Spring Awards Ceremony.
h. As Needed:
i. Assigns new issues to the appropriate committees and monitors progress made.
ii. Represents the Campus on various committees.
iii. Represents the Campus and faculty when needed (welcoming visitors, dignitaries, speakers, etc.).
iv. Serves as liaison to the Campus Dean for the faculty.
i. Convenes the Faculty to provide recommendations to the Campus Dean regarding distribution of Faculty Excellence Awards, Faculty Professional Development Award proposals, and other matter as required. A Faculty Professional Improvement Leave (FPIL) Committee consisting of all tenured Faculty of the FC will be convened as necessary to advise on leave proposals.
j. In the event that a majority of the FC votes for recall of the FC Chair, the Chair will step down, and the Vice-Chair will conduct an emergency election.
2. Faculty Council Vice-Chair
- Assumes the duties of the Chair as delegated by the Faculty Chair.
- Attends and is a member of the Dean’s Cabinet if the FC Chair does not perform this duty.
- Prepares FC meeting announcements with detailed agendas after consulting with the Chair.
- In consultation with the Faculty Chair sets dates, times, and rooms for the FC and JFA meetings and informs all faculty of the meeting times.
- Conducts the annual election of FC officers.
- Chairs the Morale and Recreation Committee.
g. In the event that a majority of the FC votes for recall of the FC Vice-Chair, the Vice-Chair will step down, and the Chair will conduct an emergency election.
3. Faculty Council Secretary/Treasurer
a. Assumes the duties of the Vice-Chair as delegated by the Faculty Chair.
b. Records the attendance and proceedings at FC meetings and files the meeting minutes electronically through the Faculty Council webpage.
c. Includes copies of documents passed at those proceedings as addenda to FC minutes.
d. Circulates meeting minutes/records to all faculty.
e. Collects, records, deposits, and disburses any monies accruing to the FC, in collaboration with the Business Manager and subject to the audit policies of Kent State University.
f. In the event that a majority of the FC votes for recall of the FC Secretary/Treasurer, the Secretary/Treasurer will step down, and the Vice-Chair will conduct an emergency election.