Third-Year and Sixth Year Full Performance Reviews
The third-year Full Performance Reviews of FTNTT faculty are governed by the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement. Each academic year, guidelines for the third-year Full Performance Reviews for FTNTT faculty at the Kent and Regional Campuses are distributed by the Office of the Provost and will be reviewed by the Campus Dean and the FTNTT Reappointment Committee. Renewal of appointment is contingent upon a positive review from the Campus Dean.
The FTNTT faculty member’s third-year and sixth-year review portfolio will include the following items:
- A brief narrative of the past three years activities including a self-evaluation of teaching (up to 5 pages)
- Updated curriculum vitae
- All course syllabi and representative instructional material for each course taught during the three-year period.
- Summaries of Student Surveys of Instruction for all courses taught during the three-year period including written comments.
- Peer Reviews (at least one (1) per year for a minimum of three (3) total), ideally conducted by a senior faculty member in the FTNTT faculty member’s discipline or an allied area.
- Renewal letters from the Campus Dean and unit administrator or academic college dean (cumulative).
- Selected materials relevant to teaching, performance, professional development, and service.
- Academic unit guidelines for FTNTT Full Performance Reviews, if available. Guidelines from the academic unit may require substantially more information and are intended to supplement the Campus criteria described above.
- In addition, the candidate should check with the unit handbook for other requirements.