The Division of Information Technology is looking for a select group of motivated and serious students to be part of the new Digital Leadership Academy. This new program aims to help students become well-rounded individuals who will graduate with real-world professional skills and earn micro-credential badges to prove it.
Students will learn basic IT fundamentals, develop analytic and professional skills, work collaboratively on projects with a team, deliver professional presentations, and more.
Multiple positions are available across a variety of disciplines:
- Cyber Security
- Network & Telecommunications
- Customer Service
- Programming / Development
- Computer Repair & Support
- Accessibility & UX/UI
- and more
Students are expected to work a minimum of 15 hours a week with a maximum of 28 hours per week during the semester (20 for international students). Students are typically scheduled during normal business hours (8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested students can apply on Handshake. Applications must include a resume and cover letter. A letter of recommendation is also strongly suggested.
Please include the following information within your cover letter:
- Your projected graduation date
- Your potential availability during breaks (Fall / Spring / Summer)
All undergraduate students, of any major, are welcome to apply. Preference will be given to freshmen and sophomore students.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with a diverse set of people
- Ability to conduct quality research
- Ability to deliver professional presentations to high-ranking university officials
- Follow through on tasks and quickly respond to requests
- Adapt to new processes and procedures