Our New Theme for this Year: EaaSy IT
The Division of Information Technology began this year by establishing a new approach to how we provide service to the university applying the guiding theme, “EaaSy IT.”
The acronym stands for “Everything as a Service plus YESability,” a comprehensive approach to daily operations in the division. Everything as a Service aims to benefit the business of the university as a whole and improve internal operations by continuing to provide efficient, discoverable, helpful, timely and available services.
“YESability” stands for a “yes” attitude combined with ability. YESability means that we will approach our problems with confidence, a positive attitude and a willingness to determine the best solution using the tools and resources we have available to us. It is a commitment to provide our IT professionals with the means to solve problems to ensure customer success and satisfaction. Ultimately, the goal is: “Let's make IT easy.”
There are five foundational principles of the EaaSy IT theme:
- Operational Excellence promotes effective management and continual improvement.
- Leverage emphasizes making the most of our knowledge, relationships and experiences.
- Digital Everything refers to on-demand, location-independent, universally accessible services.
- To create a Great User Experience, we commit ourselves to providing prompt, accurate and proactive services.
- Lastly, we aim to exhibit Leadership by demonstrating competency, flexibility and personal growth.
We will employ these foundational principles to help serve you better!