National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) 2019!
It's that time of the year again. Get ready to OWN, SECURE, and PROTECT yourself online both in the office and at home.
Throughout the month, you will have an opportunity to test your knowledge on security principles, participate in escape rooms and learn more about social media phishing, email phishing, multi-factor authentication (MFA), online work safety and much more. Participation in weekly activities will not only bring your security awareness to the forefront, but help make Kent State University #BeCyberSmart.
Here’s what you need to know:
- All faculty and staff members can sign up for the escape room within ABC Signup .
- Students are encouraged to participate in the escape room but must be accompanied by a full-time employee
- Completed activity sheets should be submitted via email to email@example.com
- Weekly winners will be announced by the following Monday via email
- Spot a security message on the sidewalk, snap a cool pic, and post with #BeCyberSmart for a chance to be featured on our website
Submit completed challenges each week to be entered into a weekly drawing for various prizes.
Week 3 activity
Each week in October will be dedicated to a specific cybersecurity theme with a corresponding newsletter.