- The university announced reduced on-campus operations on March. 16. View details in the full announcement.
- Information on remote instruction for students, including access instructions and technology resources, is at www.kent.edu/keeponlearning. Remote instruction resources for faculty may be found at www.kent.edu/keeponteaching.
- Only a limited number of staff will be asked to report to work in person. Units designated for on-campus service will operate with limited staff in rotation. Most employees will work remotely. Employees should discuss their work requirements with their supervisors, as sustained availability in a virtual sense is vital for serving the needs of our students as well as the continued operations of the university. View the teleworking guidelines.
- For technology issues, contact TechHelp by either submitting a support ticket or via Live Chat with support staff. You can also call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 330-672-HELP.
- We urge all Kent State community members to sign up for Flash ALERTS to receive crisis communications through the emergency text system.
Continuity Guide: Keep on Teaching
Kent State University is committed to keeping our students, faculty, and staff safe and healthy. This guide will help you facilitate your classroom at a distance.
Kent State University has suspended face-to-face classes for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be conducted through remote instruction. Stay up-to-date with official notifications related to COVID-19 through the Kent State coronavirus web page.