I joined the math department as an assistant professor in 2006. I got my Ph.D. from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill also in 2006. My research interests are applied mathematics and computer simulations.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- A. Haji-Akbari, M. Engel, A. S. Keys, X. Zheng, R. G. Petschek, P. Palffy-Muhoray, S. C. Glotzer, Disordered, quasicrystalline and crystalline phases of densely packed tetrahedra, Nature, 462, 773-777 (2009)
- X. Zheng, W. Iglesias, P. Palffy-Muhoray, Distance of closest approach of two arbitrary hard ellipsoid, Phys. Rev. E, 79, 057702 (2009)
- X. Zheng, P. Palffy-Muhoray, Distance of closest approach of two arbitrary hard ellipses in 2D, Phys. Rev. E, 75, 061709 (2007)
- X. Zheng, M. G. Forest, R. A. Vaia, M. Arlen, R. Zhou, A strategy for dimensional percolation in sheared nanorod dispersions, Advanced Mater., 19(22), 4038-4043(2007)
- X. Zheng, M. G. Forest, R. Lipton, R. Zhou, Nematic polymer mechanics: flow-induced anisotropy, Continuum Mechanics and Thermodynamics, 18, 377-394 (2007)